The OUSA meet once a year at the hugely exciting Arrow Trophy sailing competition. Every October, around 25 independent schools take to the Solent for two-days of one-design racing; often in challenging conditions.
The OU Team has a great track record and has superb fun over the weekend.
David Gavins (LH 73) would love to hear from any OU sailors – novice or expert – to add to the crew pool for both the Arrow Trophy and Belvedere sailing regattas. Please contact David: [email protected] to get involved.
Crew for the Arrow Trophy 2023
David Gavins (LH 73) is looking for a crew for this year's Arrow Trophy sailing competition, which will take place over the weekend of Friday 6th to Sunday 8th October.
Using the boats from the Sunsail fleet from Port Solent, it will be a fantastic weekend for expert and novice sailors alike.
- Approx. £325.00 per head (£200 for under 30's - subsidised by the OU Association)
All in, sailing kit provided, overnights on the boat for free or at the Royal Corinthian Yacht Club for a fee.
- Meet in Portsmouth on Friday 6th October – leaving at approximately 6.00pm for Cowes.
- Racing on Saturday and Sunday with the Dinner on Saturday night
- Return to Portsmouth on Sunday 8th October by 4.30pm.
More details on the Arrow Trophy can be found here and read last year's competition report below.
- Whether you are a regular to the race or would like to join the crew for the first time, please contact David asap, and certainly by 12th July. A deposit of £250 (£125 for under 30’s) will give you a better chance of being on the boat as we were oversubscribed last year.
- Uppinghamian Sailing Association
Please get in touch with your contemporaries and encourage them to come too.
Any questions please contact David Gavins (LH 73) / 07836 645566 – and follow the OUSA Arrow Trophy on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1651835248474892
Arrow Trophy Competition 2022
Following a close second place in the 2021 Arrow Trophy, it was with much eagerness and anticipation the 2022 Old Uppinghamian Sailing Team reconvened in the Solent to compete in the 2022 Arrow Trophy. We are delighted to share Lana Davies's (Sa 15) report.